Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dragonscale Mitts in Incredible Accent on Black



On the needles since about New Years:
Dragon Scale Mitts adapted from the Knitting Pattern-a-day 2007 calendar. I think they might be "wristletts" or wrist warmers in the pattern, but these are for a young man I know, so Mitts fits better. I got 2 balls of Incredible this time, so I'll have longer mitts that will fit bulkier forearms. The intended victim is a computer user that frequently has to work in cold conditions. He really appreciated the Shades of Blue ones that I made for the DIL. The daughter is telling me they should have convertible mitten paws, but the DH is voting for individual open-ended fingers. I'm thinking up to the first knuckle of each finger. Right now, I'm at the point where the thumb should divide off. We'll see how it goes. I'm having trouble doing the separate finger / thumb parts on the circulars, even with two of them. So, I'm thinking that I will have to work with a few DPNs in the mix. It is like knitting with a spider or an octopus.
Happy New Year!
Happy Knitting to you!

No comments: