Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Disorderly Conduct

Well, what can I say, the fight against OCD Hoarding / Shopping disorder is not going so well:
New projects started:
a pink and variegated skirt inspired by the new pattern on Knitty. But, I cast on with Lily Cotton Sugar & Cream on size 5 needle. And it seems HUGE! Maybe it'll all work out in the end, but I'm not sure it's going to fit it's intended 8 year old "victim". Or maybe she's more of a guinea pig? lab rat? Poor thing........
Frogged out and recast on the beginning of something in a beautiful Blue Alpaca that I got at the Ren-Fest last year.
I'm almost through with a Father's Day Tie for the DH. Let's see, Father's Day was what, 6 weeks ago? It's pretty cool: Black Nylon Construction Twine in a Modular like pattern. If I could just stay focused for a couple of days.............
Did I mention the blue "Peacock Shawl"?
I came across the Dragon scale Mitts for the SonIL that I had started last winter. They're in Incredible ribbon, shades of gray.
Then there's still the Wedding Wheel throw that I had started for them before the wedding, last year!
And those little Hedgehogs, and the Harry Potter Mitts, and the Monet Shrug, and the ballerina skirt, and
Oh, I almost forgot the Blue Lacy Slink! It's on the third version of sleeve one, the second version of the collar, and ready to start sleeve two. The plus here is that there will not be any finishing once it's done because it's all finished as you go along. And I did find the missing ball of yarn for the second sleeve. More on that later.

I did get some more plastic tote bins to organize and store the stash in.

I'm trying a new technique: if I have a project (or more than one) stored in the car, at each of the places I frequent, I seem to experience less need to go shopping on the way home. I've been keeping a project sitting on the passenger seat where I can see it and think about finishing it instead of starting something new.
Wish me luck.

But, now I've got the Spinning Wheel and all the temptations that go along with it. I've now got so many rationalizations for needing parts and books and fiber. Fighting to stay reasonable all the way through.

No comments: